5 Helpful tips to get the most out of Onstar®
Getting the most out of your new OnStar subscription means following a few simple tips. Here are five things every new OnStar subscriber should do.
1. Sign up for OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics. Onstar automatically runs hundreds of diagnostic and maintenance checks on your vehicle's key operating systems and delivers a summary report right to your email inbox every month. Just press your blue OnStar button or visit onstar.com to sign up.
2. Put the OnStar phone number (1.888.4.ONSTAR) in your cell phone and place the phone number sticker in your car window. That way, you'll always be prepared if you should lock your keys in your car or need assistance when you're not inside your car. If you need a window sticker, just press the blue OnStar button or visit onstar.com to request one.
3. Update your in-case-of-emergency (ICE) information with OnStar. This includes information like your license plate number, insurance information, contact person, and any medical information that could be of assistance in an emergency. You can update this information anytime at onstarrenewal.com
4. Push the button, anytime. There is no additional cost -- no matter how often you talk to us, even if you just want to ask a question or say hello. During an emergency, push the red button and you'll be immediately connected with a specially trained Advisor who can direct help to your exact location. Push the blue button for everything from roadside assistance to directions to On-Demand Diagnostics. And push the Hands-Free Calling button to stay connected wherever you go.
5. Download the OnStar Mobile App. The Mobile App lets you review your vehicle data, check fuel tank levels and estimated MPG range, start your car remotely, lock and unlock your doors, flash the lights, honk the horn, and check your tire pressure. And it's free.